The application for admission to the EUI doctoral programme is not automatically an application for a national grant. Candidates must also send an application for a national grant to the grant awarding authority. For details regarding eligibility for the grant and the procedure (and deadline) to apply for the grant please contact Mrs Katja Cankar firstname.lastname@example.org and Mrs Maja Gašparovič email@example.com.
The scholarship can be awarded to applicants that are:
- Citizens of the Republic of Slovenia with residence in the Republic of Slovenia
- Citizens of the Republic of Slovenia with residence in the Republic of Slovenia that are members of indigenous Italian or Hungarian ethnic community
- Citizens of EU member states, if they demonstrate at least five years of residency in the Republic of Slovenia directly preceding the application deadline for awarding scholarship
- Migrant workers, who are citizens of EU member states, if they are employed or self-employed in the Republic of Slovenia and their family members for whom they still provide
- Frontier workers, who are citizens of EU member states, employed or self-employed in the Republic of Slovenia, who reside in another Member state, and their family members for whom they still provide
- Citizens of third countries that acquired long-term resident status in Republic of Slovenia.
2. Level of education:
Scholarships can only be awarded for an educational programme at the level of education that is higher than the level of education that the applicant has already achieved.
Scholarship can only be awarded to an applicant if he has not reached the age of 28 on the day of his first enrolment at an educational programme and degree for which is applying for scholarship.
Applicants must also meet the following conditions throughout the duration of the studies subject to scholarship:
- They will not be receiving State or Zois scholarship
- They will not be receiving any other scholarships or any other grants or similar funding for studies awarded under other regulations in Republic of Slovenia
- They will not be employed or self‐employed in the Republic of Slovenia or abroad
- They will not be registered as an unemployed person with the Employment Service of Slovenia or with the relevant institution of this type abroad
- They will not obtain the status of manager in a corporation or a director of private institute.